Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

Before the day arrived people were busy in the kitchen.

Pie made by A. and friend.
not shown - mushroom pate, spinach dip, cornbread, cranberry sauce,
and mashed potatoes made by R.
The big day arrived with running of the seventh annual Turkey Trot.picture taken from Claremont Courier website
It was a typical run, but marked the first time that A. ran faster than I did.  I am very proud that he showed good sportsmanship and did not gloat.

No time to stick around and chitchat because we were having a midday meal.  Time to set the table for twelve, stuff the pumpkins, and squeeze everything in the oven.
I don't have a picture of us all gathered at the table with the windows open to let in the warm air or a picture of us going for a walk in the neighborhood after the meal (A. on skateboard).
Mmm - I did remember to take a picture of the pecan pie,
chocolate cream pie, apple pie, and ice cream.
It was a great meal and great company.  What a great holiday!  Afterward family pitched in to clean up and there was time to relax and pore over the Black Friday advertisements.  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment