Friday, November 7, 2014

Try, try again

The day started with a 100 fly for time with friends (of course with friends - no one else would do that with me)!  This was followed by a short hike following a new route and we didn't get lost!  How could the day get better?  Hanging up laundry in the sunshine was good, having David stop as we crossed paths on our cycling routes was even better, and there were lots of good freebies at the college health fair.

To top it all off, I was able to donate blood!!  Pint 67!  Usually I schedule an appointment, eat lots of grape nuts, and take iron pills before attempting to donate.
Maybe this is too small to read,
but it shows that a serving has 90% of the recommended daily allowance of iron.

I take one or two of these each day.
Despite my efforts I have not been able to donate in over a year and last time my reading was 12.3 g/dL.  Healthy for a woman is as low as 12.0, but to donate blood a reading of 12.5 is required.  Today I was at 13.3!  Amazing!  Maybe it is an omen of more good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment