The day before the appointment I needed to take the car the mechanic (yuck - the awful smell of burning clutch), so we rented a car for the drive. Before plugging in my device so we could listen to podcasts we found the news station, which gave the following traffic report. "All the roads are clear. If you have to be out driving this is the time to do it." A good omen!
It did mean we arrived well before the appointment and even though there was a library very close to the hospital, it was closed for Veterans Day! IKEA was open so we took a tour, probably my eighth or ninth time and maybe D.'s second or third. We had a short list and were able to get two of the three things.
![]() |
| We chose duvet covers for the very-cozy-but-not-so-beautiful wool blankets that had been on the bed. |
![]() |
| some of the patterns we didn't pick |
![]() |
| I also replaced the $0.49 candle holder that had broken because I had allowed to taper to burn down. The new candle holders have a warning saying not to do that. |
![]() |
| We were going to buy a new neon green/yellow safety vest to replace one purchased in Denmark, but we missed it initially and wisely chose not to go back and get it. Next time. |
![]() |
| One of my favorite things in the store were real books. I could read a few words. |
The only impulse purchase was a set of five cards for $0.99, which I can't show you because I have written and mailed all of the already!
We'll need to return for pre-op and post-op visits so I hope we will have good traffic and that we'll get a chance to visit the library and the section that sells the vest.





What's the plan for the safety vests?
ReplyDelete