Saturday, November 29, 2014

Black Friday

Funny how things work out.  I thought I would have a nice swim (I did), have a short line before having my blood after a 14-hour fast (only one person in front of me), and then meet A. and friends at the mom and pop soccer store in time to pay for his item.  Two out of three isn't good enough!

It was a twenty minute wait just to get into the store.

Finally I stood in line while A. continued to evaluate the options.
Over an hour later we were out of there!
On the plus side it was a nice social event with other parents from the team
and A. enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.
After lunch (leftovers) we headed for Oak Glen, home of the post-Thanksgiving Apple Butter Festival.

View from the backseat.


First stop was archery, hatchet throwing, and knife throwing.

They helped make apple butter and then shared a hoecake.


a beautiful chestnut tree
Can't skip the apple cider donuts!

Bye, autumn.  See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment