Friday, April 19, 2013

Parking

It is great to ride a bike, but what to do with it when you aren't riding it?

A friend gave us an unusual rack that is now in the garage, which I realize is hard to see because of all the other bicycles.



Around town there are some relatively new bike racks.


There are also some old racks.

And a not-so-useful rack.

This is at the optometry office.
This is at the sporting goods store.  Would you park your bike on it?  There is one just like it at the intermediate school and when David tried to park his bike against it he was reprimanded and told it was a piece of art.

Across the street from the school is this metal bicycle.  Is it art or a bike rack?

1 comment:

  1. A re-designed library in town has a bike rack that spells out BOOKS but it is awful to lock bicycles to. They definitely choose form over function.

    Also, when bikes are locked to it, they block the sidewalk. Many bike racks in town are like that unfortunately. And despite lots of good bicycle racks, people still lock their bikes to railings, trees, parking meters and other inconvenient places.

    I have a bike that I don't trust to be locked up anywhere, which means I don't ride it much. My other bicycle is so heavy, I could probably leave it unlocked.

    ReplyDelete