Last December I raved about a
field trip to the Maloof Foundation campus and now my daughter has art hanging in their garden!
 |
| A view from the trail |
 |
| The submarine birdhouse in the fig tree |
There were over a dozen birdhouses, including a backpack (or was it a lunchbox?) and a toadstool.
 |
| Unfortunately the s'more got hung upside down. |
 |
| I didn't catch the title of this piece. |
The art will be left hanging until June in case a bird decides to use one of them.
We also had a chance to take a tour of the house
 |
| An oud made of walnut and spruce by the father of A.'s friend |
and see a special exhibit,
"With Strings Attached."
I appreciate that the Maloof Foundation thought to include high school students in their exhibit so we could have a perfect excuse to spend an afternoon there.
No comments:
Post a Comment