It isn't exactly completely different, but it isn't cycling.
 |
| This shows the warm up area, which is separated from the competition area by a bulkhead. |
One of my goals for the year was to swim in two meets and compete in the 100 fly. Check and check. The first meet was at Cal Tech last month and today I swam at UCLA, which has a great facility.
The meet was not well attended, which meant in my age-group in my events there were only two swimmers and for one event I was the only one. Swimming is a relative sport so I can compare my times to previous swims and my 100 fly time today was almost exactly the same as at my first big swim meet in February 1983. I hope I swim it again in June 2043 and I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment