Saturday, April 6, 2013

Paper or plastic?

I can clearly remember rudely nagging the people I was living with to take their own grocery bags to the store, as I was doing in 1989.  It may be that the habit started before that, but I am not sure.  These days I still take my own bags, usually canvas bags I purchased at the thrift store and had the kids decorate with fabric markers.  One child now likes plain bags, but I still like the comments I get with my colorful ones (except when someone asked if my grandkids drew the pictures).

Here are some of my regulars.

by R, Sept. 2004


"Where is my friend?"
reverse side (Nov. 2004)
mermaid party, July 2005

July 2005 (framing artwork done by A.)

Each child's traced hands and artwork, May 2007

Art and tie-dye!  June 2010

Almost plain, but not plain enough


No comments:

Post a Comment