Sunday, April 14, 2013

Belated Celebration

I did not mention it in my Valentine's Day post , but I broke from tradition and gave David a gift, which was a bike ride with me!  Two months later we were waking before 6 a.m. and heading off to the L.A. Police Academy for the City of Angels Ride.



 
A painting by our lunch spot.

This ride was unusual because we had a police escort the entire way, meaning we didn't stop for stoplights, stop signs, or anything else.

They made it all possible (and this doesn't even show them all).
Because I was on the back of the tandem I could take lots of photos, but because I was on the back of the tandem, a lot of them didn't turn out.

City of Angels


Riding through the Second St. tunnel near the LA Times Building (legally, unlike problems mentioned here).

in Chinatown

in Koreatown
We crossed lots of cool crosswalks, we passed the Los Angeles County of Central Heating and Refrigeration Plant (I had no idea there was such a thing), and we cycled right through the heart of Hollywood's tourist district.
The Jim Henson Company, just like in the 2011movie.

near USC


Happy Valentine's Day, David.  I love you!

David with the loot he won.

No comments:

Post a Comment