Thursday, April 11, 2013

Memories

Most posts I write with parents in mind as the audience, but today I am writing for my own pleasure.

My parents might not want to remember how many times they brought 
me here to take lessons, to teach lessons, and for swim practice.

They still haven't invented a way to send scents through the computer?  You'll 
just have to feel the warm air, breathe deeply, and smell the wonderful scent of chlorine.


In the old days there were two diving boards and no starting blocks at this end.
I can't decide whether I love the windows or not.

We dove into the shallow water at this end 
and used these funky backstroke handlebars.
We also used to scratch things in the ring around the pool 
that was on the white tiles, but it is much cleaner now.


Remember when the pool had a bar instead of an eye hook and the coach would 
threaten to make the opponents' lanes narrower?  Not an option anymore.

And remember the funky gutter?  I did not 
remember that were markings for each foot and yard.

So entertaining to read the records (click to enlarge)!

Before swim lessons the door would open downstairs and 
we would walk down this long hall to the locker room.

This is where the team kept its stuff.


The showers haven't changed much.

My new coach wonders why I can't keep my head still
for backstroke, but the sky has no lines like this.

Take one last smell - ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment