Friday, January 10, 2014

Olives, Phase Two

Remember when I helped set up the olives?

They were hanging from the trees but had to be moved
because the salt leaking out was killing the plants below.

Our first peek in two months.  They looked like raisins.

Next was to take them out of the salt and rinse them.
They dried for a few hours.  The squirrels did not seem interested in them.

After putting them in jars we covered them in olive oil
(did not add citrus zest or chili, as suggested).

The ones that are not in oil are supposed to be able to stay in the frig for a long time.
The ones in oil can stay on the counter or go in the frig.
What I can't show you is the taste, which is fine because I didn't think it was very good.  There are so many variables that I don't know what we did wrong, but I also don't know if it is worth doing again to make any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment