Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tandem Rally

Last year father and son set off in the cold, drove across the mountains in the snow and dark, and joined about 35 other pairs of cyclists for a tandem rally in Borrego Springs (the center of this map).
The plan was to do the same thing this year, but drive around the mountains in warmer weather.  A friend invited A. to a slumber party that included a boy who had overseas for seven months.  How could a mother say no?  So instead of planning a quiet weekend I was going to spin class and on long bike rides to get used to sitting on the saddle.  It was worth it!

I joke that this was my view,

but I could sometimes see things more like this,

or turn to the side and see this

and these cool statues that are part of the Galetta Meadows Estate.

I wish I could show you the dragon and nursing camel, but I like this, too!
The best part of the trip was being with my best friend
(and the second best part was riding in the sunshine instead of the snow)!



1 comment:

  1. I bet it's easier to talk to each other (and hear each other) than being two up on a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete