Thursday, January 16, 2014

Free Entertainment

One of the best things about hanging out with a baby is choosing what I want to do and having it count as work.  We were so busy watching each phase of the new sidewalks being created I almost forgot to take pictures.

The first day was the jackhammering to get rid of the old sidewalks.  That was not my favorite part.

The step before this was to cut the little pieces that go into the dirt that get hammered to the long pieces that mark the edges of the sidewalk.  We didn't get to see a lot of the tamping and wheelbarrow work.

We both enjoyed watching the cement truck and the concrete being poured.  Those guys had to work fast and be so accurate (no spills over the edge).  Marking the divisions (above) was more interesting than I would have guessed, maybe because I enjoyed the precision of it.  The baby and I could have stayed longer but we had to move along.

We crossed the street and walked the sidewalks that had been poured a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment