The first part of the museum had post-war British Textiles, which made me feel at home. Not my home, but a familiar home.
I also liked the variety of places to sit while browsing.
I started going through the museum with the idea of taking a picture of every chair since my parents-in-law have many similar chairs. Ha! I have never seen so many different chairs. Here is a teeny, tiny selection.
from the Arne Jacobsen room
(didn't know he survived the war by going to Sweden)
closest to camera is an Eames school desk
I admired the chairs in the cafe and put things on an imaginary wish list in the gift shop, but then it was off to wander the streets and find my way home. I even recognized the spot where our family had been lost almost three years ago. I wish I could go back and give that family directions!I am glad I went to Copenhagen, but I am content with having spent only one day there.




Thanks for letting me visit through pictures!
ReplyDelete