Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Soaking It In

My last full day.  So sad, not only to leave here, but to go back to reality.  Fund raising.  Bill paying.  Heat warning.
love that there is always a bicyclist
around when I want to take a picture
The best way to start the day was with a ride to the fjord for a swim.  The cows were right by the path and you can see a tiny bit of the cathedral if you look very closely.

And what a great swim!  The water was so calm, the moon jellies didn't complain about being held, and I said good-bye to people who swam each day I had been there.


Over two years ago our family celebrated a promotion with a ride to a bird sanctuary and today I got to go back.



And then to lunch at INSP!, a welcoming place where immigrants can learn skills to help them adjust to life in Denmark, like Danish, cooking, and yoga (to become more familiar with their bodies and grow strong enough to deal with reality of daily life, like cycling in the winter).
vegetable stew and gingery rhubarb dish
This is also where people pick up vegetables from a local CSA-type group, gather to sing, and be creative.  I met a guy who grew up in Akron and now lives in Sweden.  He was brought in for one month as an artist-in-residence.

I needed to get back to my bicycle, which I had left by the harbor.  How could I say good-bye to the water without getting in?  The air was much warmer and it was as hard to get out of the water, as always.
view walking away from the deck
and toward the end of vacation
One last bike ride home, one last apple by the fjord, one last dinner on the deck, one last sunset shot.  Time to weigh the suitcase and debate whether to get to the airport two or three hours before the flight.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I can't make Claremont next to Ithaca and Roskilde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy-- I've only been to INSP fort the Christmas market. Do they have yoga classes in English?? Not that I'm completely opposed to the idea of trying one in Danish. Do they serve lunch everday? Is it cheap-ish???

    ReplyDelete