Saturday, July 11, 2015

communication


When we lived in Denmark we had a magicJack, which is a form of Voice Over Internet Protocol.  We paid a fee and had unlimited calls to and from the US through our computer and even got messages when we weren't online to receive the calls (h/t Charles).  With the teenager overseas we have had to learn how to be in touch new ways.

There was a postal strike in Germany and who knows when the backlog will catch up with the paper mail I sent.  I tried facebook messages, email messages, and skype messages.


But then R. asked if I got the imessage.  I looked on the computer and saw nothing.  Later in the day I turned on my iPod to check something and there were the messages!  R. was still awake so we chatted (text, not voice), which was great.
Germany on the left, Poland on the right
Plus pictures could be sent without having to transfer them to the computer.  I feel so modern!

This post motived me to figure out how to change the imessage setting on my computer.  Ta da!  I am pleased, but am also looking forward to being face-to-face!

No comments:

Post a Comment