 |
| I wish I were a better writer so I could communicate what a fabulous event this is. Everything is free, everyone is welcome, there is something for everybody, whether you want to sit and watch (extra benches were provided), ride the whole thing, and so many other options. |
 |
| We arrived early enough to see Gustav Dudamel conduct (trust me, he is there) |
 |
| and dancers warming up in the street. |
 |
We were too early to get this first bandana, but were able to get two of the next one, and then use one to trade for a third type.
|
 |
from @how_bizzare_69 I appreciated the person who stood in line and then shared a picture of all of them online. |
 |
| Don't worry, we still collected plenty of stuff! |
My favorite part is not the collecting of stuff but the variety of everything - people, bicycle, sights.
 |
from a Dutch artist The only one we missed was the stationary bicycle. This doesn't mention penny farthings (check), double-decker bicycles (check), |
 |
| and a bicycle pulling a grand piano. |
We also saw a french horn quartet (also being pulled), gamelan (being played along the route), a marching band, and mariachi groups. Some dancers were on stages along the way and some danced along with the cyclists.
What a great way to fall in love with humanity and a city!
No comments:
Post a Comment