How to enjoy the L.A. Co. Fair when you want to spend only a little time and money.
Save the parking or bus fee and ride a bike right to the gate.
Get a free ticket from a vendor (this part involves some good luck).
Stop in the Millard Sheets Gallery to cool off and see a variety of art.
Head over to the exhibits under the grandstand - best jams, best cakes, and unusual decorations.
Never miss the competitive table settings and entertaining comments from the the judges.
This table celebrated the addition of color to movies and earned 100/100 points.
I did not spend money on rides.
I passed through the sales buildings on the way to the kids' art building.
I did not spend money on the lottery.
The only food I was tempted by were pickles, but that was before I saw them.
The Tupperware was tempting. I resisted.
I loved seeing the collections in the kids' building.
And that was it. I was a little concerned about the bike ride home since it was hot and the route showed it be straight uphill, but the elevation gain was minimal and there was water and a fan ready for my arrival.










I'm envious you can bicycle to such a great fair! Did you see the deep fried Slim Fast bars? I would not be tempted by those.
ReplyDelete