Sunday, September 6, 2015

Baseball

 Just for something different we decided to go to a Rancho Cucamonga Quakes game, a Dodgers' Class A team in the California League.  They were playing the Inland Empire 66ers.

It was a an easy drive (about twenty minutes) to the Epicenter, the parking was free (usually four dollars), and tickets were cheap.
Tickets were $9-20 ( I think the $100 tickets do not exist).
D. thought we should splurge and buy $11 tickets.  We had great seats!  And we ran into people we knew sitting in our section!
The game was a little sloppy and I kept looking to the scoreboard for the replay, which didn't happen.  They did show the silly events happening between innings (beach ball bounce, inflatable horse race, etc.). 

The mascots, Tremor and Aftershock, were moderately entertaining.

Do you like the way the font on their uniforms looks like a fault line?
 
The pitcher is done for the evening.
I wonder if the outfielders are sorry they can't join the conversation on the mound.

The home team wins and everyone sticks around for the fireworks.

It was an entertaining evening.  Even though I am in no rush to go back I have no regrets about going.


No comments:

Post a Comment