Monday, January 26, 2015

The Return

six o'clock this morning
This morning I rode my bike to the pool and swam 2350 yards, surpassing my goal of 1000 yards.  The water felt great, but my stroke felt off.  Breathing was the hardest part, harder than flip turns.  The dizziness did force me to focus on the black line instead of looking around at my teammates.  It also encouraged me to sometimes breathe every fifth stroke instead of every third.  I didn't throw up and it did feel better by the end.  Maybe if I have been out for a month then in a month I'll feel back to normal?

Yesterday I started a couch-to-5K program, which I have used when recovering from an injury and when preparing R. for her phys. ed. test.  The very first minute of running was awkward, but after that it felt great.  The amazing thing was that I felt very clear-headed afterward, maybe the best I had felt in ages.  Here's hoping it lasts!

1 comment: