I just got back from a walk around the block and I didn't hold anybody's arm!! We needed a change of scenery and chose the block across the street, which was a challenge for me. In the old days I would walk along and as I approached the intersection I would scan for traffic and keep walking. Now I can walk and I can turn my head, but I can't do both simultaneously. I need to stop at the corner, look for traffic, and then cross. Not a problem, just an adjustment.
Another big step was my first outing beyond the neighborhood. It was good to see the friendly people at Trader Joe's and get stickers. It did bring up the awkward situation of being asked how things were going. I decided just to say they were okay and leave it at that. Things are okay.
Now I need to sit a bit and relax. The outings were not physically challenging, but they took concentration, which is tiring.

No comments:
Post a Comment