Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Scholastic Books

Do you remember Scholastic book order forms?  I remember poring over them and my mom must have let me get something occasionally because I have a warm memory of receiving books at school.  It hasn't changed a whole lot!  One of my new volunteer duties is to coordinate this program for the class.  I separate and collate the forms, encourage the parents to order online, and distribute the books when they arrive.

I am happy to say I don't have to deal with the Scholastic book fair (although I volunteer to be a chashier).  Campaign for  Commercial-Free Childhood is not a big fan of Scholastic because of all the movie tie-ins and non-book items for sale.  I like their idea of having a used book fair.

1 comment:

  1. I have vivid memories of ordering books through Scholastic, which is why I let Max order some. He used some of his own money and was quite excited. I was disappointed when the books came to him at school and he forgot to tell me about it until I asked weeks later. I guess I was expecting Scholastic or Max to tell me about it the moment it happened.

    ReplyDelete