Friday, November 8, 2013

Festival

At the annual Pilgrim Place Festival you'll find the residents dressed up
 and the Mayflower sailing the grounds.
Everyone is helping out, some by entertaining
and later in the day there is a performance, which is often the Thanksgiving story, but this year focuses on the women's suffrage movement and the Emancipation Proclamation.

A large part of it is also a sale of everything!  You could find old maps, persimmons grown on site, stained glass art, plants, used books, and on and on.  I spent less than ten dollars, but here are some things I resisted.
so many nice linens, so little need

I am amazed this hollow egg has survived this long.

I almost bought it, but had no idea what I would have done with it.

I thought these trivets were nice (and useful), but we don't need any.

I had to avert my eyes here.
I have no need for this, but just holding it made me feel closer to my mom.

It was wonderful to go alone and I thought I had seen everything, but I have to go back because I missed my son's artwork, which was part of a display about the local tribes.

No comments:

Post a Comment