I thought it would be great to start a week-long vacation with a trip to the mission so we recruited friends to travel with us to Mission San Miguel Arcangel.
We arrived in time to go to Spanish Mass in the same church that had been rebuilt in the early 1800's. I could follow along but could not understand more than a few words here or there. I liked the shaking hands part the best.
In the morning I had fun looking around while A. and his friend took video clips to turn into a video diary.
I am not naturally attracted to missions, but my friend helped me to notice interesting architectural details, like the 200-year-old frescos in the church, and the gardens.
Having learned a bit (enough?) we took a quick walking tour of Rios-Caledonia Adobe, built with native labor and used as headquarters for a cattle rancher and later a hotel.
We had great weather on the trip and even though I miss the eastern US colors, I grew to love the trees I saw on this trip.
![]() |
| The Carnegie Library in the park now houses the historical society and is across from the new library. |
Now it is time to edit, thanks to R.'s amazing tech skills.









No comments:
Post a Comment