Monday, December 9, 2019

I Had My Chance

I skipped my fifteen minutes of fame.

Within walking distance of our house is the Claremont United Methodist Church, which is known for having a nativity scene with a message related to current events. One year they had both a homosexual and heterosexual couples (see my friend's blog here) and another featured Trayvon Martin (article from local paper here).

The pastor being interviewed.
When I cycled by the church at 5:30 this morning I could see four television vans, which seems odd, but I guess the local news wanted something for the their morning show. What did surprise me was that they were still there when I was out walking at 10:30am.

photo credit Claremont Courier
I was not able to get a good picture because I did not want to be on camera,
but I did get a picture of the information accompanying the scene.
It quotes scripture and seems to be promoting Christianity, but I can
easily understand why it is getting so much attention. 
As I got close to take a picture a person without a camera approached me and asked if I lived in town. When I answered that I did I was asked if I wanted to be interviewed for the NPR station in Pasadena. I passed on the opportunity but guided the reporter other bystanders.

A. first saw the story on Reddit, but it has also been seen it in the LA Times, USA Today, NY Times, and People Magazine, to name a few.  That is enough fame for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment