A neighbor knocked on the door and offered me two tickets to the
Friday morning LA Phil performance at Disney Concert Hall. Even though I knew I had things to do and I couldn't possibly adjust my schedule, I also knew it was good for me to challenge myself and do new things. I said yes!
My
fellow blogger and I caught the train in town and enjoyed not being in traffic or dealing with parking. The
DASH bus was late, but we managed to sit in our seats just before the first downbeat.
 |
| Seen on the bus |
 |
| What a great decision to accept the tickets and what great seats! |
 |
| I knew Tchaikovsky was on the program but I did not know the piece by name (sorry, Dad). |
 |
| As soon as they began to play I knew the piece because it was on this record, which my oldest and dearest friend gave me for my eighth birthday. I felt transported to my childhood room, playing this on the portable turquoise and white record player. I played it again last night but it definitely was better in person. |
The fun part of the Copland piece was getting to hear the anvil played. I thought maybe anvil was a musical term I did not understand, but they meant a real anvil, like the kind that lands on Wile E. Coyote.
After the concert we were not in a big rush so we walked through Grand Park (which my fellow blogger wrote about
here), past a
press conference held by L.A. Tenants Union Hollywood Local.
 |
| For the last part of our adventure we caught the Metro back to Union Station, had lunch, and caught the Metrolink back home. I had seen train cars with bicycle parking, but had never before noticed a place for surfboards. Finally, public transportation in LA that has a bonus I haven't seen abroad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment