Friday, July 26, 2019

Some Days are Like That

Just one good thing after another!


  • It was a nice temperature for a ride to the pool and I had a good lanemate that pushed me to swim a little harder.
  • I was given some stationery and wrote a letter on paper.
  • The wait to have my blood drawn was short.
  • I remembered to take my coupon and own coffee mug when I went out to breakfast with A.
  • (A little bad thing because even good days are like that - I washed the blanket the dog slept on with all our other clothing. I thought if i put the blanket in the dryer first all the hair would get fluffed off but I was wrong. I was hoping if I hung the laundry outside the hair would be blown off. Now I am hoping no one else will notice, which is most likely. Shh, don't tell.)
  • The newspaper had two swimming articles.


Someone had an unused steel cup just like the one
I had lost and happily gave it to me, apologizing that
it had a Subaru logo. When I went to pick
it up she had wrapped it beautifully.

In addition to receiving stationery and a cup, someone else had a free pile I decided to check out. I am happy to say there was nothing I wanted, but as I was leaving I found a new-to-me little library. I remembered that I had an emergency stash of books with the grocery bags. That book found a good home and I found a book that our book club is reading later this year.



  • Lab results came in and they were great.
  • And to top it all off, I learned that Tom Hanks is playing Mr. Rogers in a movie coming out at Thanksgiving time. I love this quote from the Washington Post.
  • Fans rushed to places not often associated with dealing positively with feelings: online comments sections. Their consensus? This is the purest, most perfect thing ever. Give it all the Oscars now.

No comments:

Post a Comment