Saturday, March 23, 2019

Pie Festival

A very talented person in town pulled together
a booth hosted by local Little Free Library stewards.

I solicited cookbooks from friends and neighbors.
So did a lot of people.

In addition to books we gave away bookmarks
listing the Little Free Libraries in town.
The festival brought in the amazing Sister Pie author
who has been featured in Bon Appetit  and Bloomberg.

Other entertainment included
live music, like this ukulele group,

old cars, including this modified '57 Chevy,

making digits of pi plates at the library,

and recipe cards from a lot of businesses.
Of course there were pies (cupcakes, really, but ignore that part),
like these made of felt

and these made of wax.

Of course there were edible pies!
I did not make it to the pie eating contest
and I have not seen the results of the pie baking contest.

The only disappointment of the day was not seeing these hats in person!
photo credit to Claremont Courier

No comments:

Post a Comment