Just as singing seems to be a big part of Icelandic culture, I get the feeling knitting is, too.
 |
| We saw sweaters for sale in person |
 |
| and advertised in the paper. |
Even more amazing were the knitting supplies available in the convenience and grocery stores.
 |
These two pictures were taken in a small grocery store in Búðardalur, population 266, but maybe it might have been the only store in the area. |
 |
This picture was taken at the store in the center of town in Ísafjörður, population 2571 and the largest town in northern part of the Westfjords. On the right side and in the back you can see pattern books, needles, etc. |
 |
| We stayed near the airport the last night and these pictures are from a store in Reykjanesbær, population 15,129. I guess the people need something to do between choir practices. |
I did not buy any yarn. I am still trying to use up the yarn I bought in Scotland in 1991.
No comments:
Post a Comment