I have relatives traveling the world for a while and they invited people to join in. Even though it had never been on my list of places to visit I was glad we got to meet up in Iceland for a week!
With only a week it was hard to figure out what to try to see so we copied someone else's itinerary. We spent a bit of time in Reykjavik and the
Golden Circle, but most of our time was spent in that bit in the northwest part of Iceland called the
Westfjords. One new guidebook doesn't even write about it and the car rental people told us it was boring there. I guess that is why only 14% of visitors make it there. On the positive side it was not crowded and we thought it was beautiful.
 |
One of a gazillion waterfalls we saw that were not the big waterfalls. We stopped the car and got out for this one. |
 |
| Just another waterfall, just kept driving. |
 |
| One fjord |
 |
| and another. |
 |
So many sheep! By the roads, on the fields, on the hills, on the road (!!!), and on some people's plates. |
I could write endless blog posts about the trip, but I'll try to keep it to few. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment