Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Competition

Last June there was a story in the paper about the discount grocery store chain Aldi opening 45 stores in Southern California.  I completely forgot about that until I saw this sign today.

The first Aldi I shopped at was in Ithaca, right by the Farmer's Market.  If you plan to visit do not try to leave the parking lot on Saturday or Sunday morning.
I found this review of the Ithaca store.


I have also shopped at Aldi in Roskilde and still have a cycling shirt I bought there.
It is also on the edge of town, but I am guessing they save money
by renting or buying where it is less expensive.
Fun fact :  Two brothers started Aldi and one went on to buy Trader Joe's!

By looking at today's hiring event listing I see that a store will be opening in La Verne.  I'll keep you posted if I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment