Monday, January 11, 2016

Catching up

It is a good thing when life is full and I don't have time to post.  It is also good to slow down and reflect.

Saturday we said sad good-byes to company, but then jumped right into schoolwork, a bike ride to San Bernardino and back, and playing with friends.  A couple of us stopped by the grand re-opening of Shelton Park.
"In a related agreement in 1997, the City acquired from the College Leonard A. Shelton Park, at the corner of Harvard and Bonita avenues."
You can learn more about the history of land disputes between Pomona and Claremont here.  You could also attend city council meetings in 2016 and learn about the current relationship!


I was lucky to bring home a cookie with a picture of the new stage.

Festivities included live music by professionals and a school band,
a planting, and comments from dignitaries.  

Also filling the day were college basketball games (I went to the women's game and was lucky to see a win), a movie, root beer floats, and a sleepover.

I was so caught up in the action that I took a picture only before the game.
And a parting shot of another exciting part of the day.  A. can now captain the tandem (if he has a willing friend).




No comments:

Post a Comment