Not really the million-dollar man, either. Maybe the $5K woman?
Wednesday was spent modifying my body a bit.
 |
Up first was a temporary crown. I think since it is so far back they used the copper cap. The permanent one will match my teeth. I am not sure which is worse, the anticipation or the sounds of the drill. |
 |
Later I picked up my hearing aids! The top one has a microphone and transmits what it picks up the right one, which is only a receiver and does not amplify sound. The feeling in my ear is mildly uncomfortable (a little itchy and a little feeling of stuffy ears) and the results are mixed. I still have no directional sound (D. thinks my brain will learn which sounds are coming from the left and adapt). I was able to hear my friend as we walked together and she was on my right, but I can not hear anything when I hold the phone up to my hearing aid. Or maybe I am hearing a faint something? Nothing useful. I will continue to experiment with them for a few weeks and at that point I have to decide whether I want to purchase them or return them at no cost.
Even though I wear glasses I don't think I qualify as a cyborg.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment