When was the last time I traveled by myself? Maybe I am suppressing a memory, but I can't think of a single time since having kids that I have gone somewhere without at least one of them. I was a little nervous - how would I fill my time? What do I like to do when I have no one else to entertain?
At the airport I made an effort to browse the magazines at the store, telling myself I could get whichever one I fancied. I walked out empty handed, but I had fun looking. I cut and wove a few hearts (blunt scissors make it through security),
completed both levels of Kenken, did a Monday crossword puzzle, ate a meal I had packed, surprised myself by completing the whole Mensa quiz from the airline magazine. I hadn't packed earbuds since I think of those as being for the A., I didn't want to buy a headset, and I wasn't interested in The Croods so I passed on the movie.
All that and I had still more time to fill! I read a book, did puzzles, and looked out the window. I could get used to this!

No comments:
Post a Comment