We had Eli stay with us for a week while her family was away. It is the third time we have hosted a dog and each time it sounds like a good idea when it is so far in the future.
Eli was a fantastic guest. She slept quietly, did not jump on guests, and barked only when there was someone at the door and only a few other occasions. A. was happy to run with her, play fetch, and kept her water dish filled.
The problem was not when we were together but when we had to leave her behind. I hated that part. She looked so hopeful when were getting ready and I felt so guilty. On the other hand, the reception we received when we returned was heartwarming.
Would we host a dog again? Probably, but I am glad we don't have one of our own.

awww that photo is so heartbreaking. I'd want to take the dog everywhere w me.
ReplyDelete