Friday, July 5, 2024

Summer Holiday

Other years I have been busy with family birthday celebrations and duties as part of the Independence Day Committee, but this year I had the day to pick my own schedule.

The flag went out early


and I left for a bike ride at 6 a.m.

We had set out a blanket on the parade route a couple days earlier, finding a spot that would be shady at the start. Friends put their blanket next to ours and we set up chairs for the older generation.

local retirement community

marching band

my favorite

Before heading I home I walked through the park to see the local groups, 

hear music,

and talk to local candidates.

After lunch I drove in the air conditioned car to the Red Cross building

and enjoyed the air conditioning while donating platelets and watching Tour de France: Unchained.

Our neighbors invited us to a pool party (although I couldn't go in because I was supposed to keep the donation sites dry) and it was great to see people from the block and friends from other parts of our lives. 

From there we went to the pre-fireworks concert and enjoyed time with more friends.


It was a festive finish to the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment