Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Home ownership

We love many things about our house, but there are bits of reality that aren't my favorite parts.

D. is great at dealing with regular issues around the house, including plumbing problems. On the other hand, if one's drain auger snake is only 25 feet long there are limitations.

Not looking good

Plumber's snake, but it wasn't long enough so he
left and came back with a longer one. Success!  



Next up was a fly infestation. Ewww! But D. found where they were coming from and we worked together to deal with it. 

Having them out of the house reminded me of this book.

I don't know if it is related, 
but we have had two tiny lizards in the house recently.

I had an email saying the power would be out until noon.
No problem, I can go without or go other places.

I got the car out of the garage before the power was out and came back from the grocery store after noon. Maybe I should not have been so optimistic about the timing. But all is well that ends well and nothing melted/got spoiled.

Now we are trying to hire someone to rebuild some windows, fix a tiled floor, and other tasks that are best done by professionals.

Thank goodness these are my biggest issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment