Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall day near Chicago

 Before heading out for the day's activities I took a stroll down the street with B.

 Then it was off to watch N. play soccer with other six- and seven-year-old boys.

B. is only four and at this age they spend most of the time doing drills with international volunteer coaches.

It was exciting to go to the Highwood Pumpkin Festival, even if they didn't set the world record for most lit jack-o-lanterns.
pumpkin hut


I wish I could have seen this at night!

a small, small sample


I flew United to Chicago O'Hare and flew US Airways home.  I had no idea that there would be a difference, but even with my short legs I appreciated the space on the US Airways flight.  I hope when they merge with American they'll keep the same seating arrangement.

My layover in Phoenix was over three hours and tried to get on an earlier flight, but it didn't seem worth $75 to change the ticket.  As David pointed out, I could stay in the airport and spend $20 on something good and just enjoy myself.  I didn't spend any money (I had already bought popcorn in O'Hare, a tradition started last summer), but it was relaxing.

It was great to visit my friend and be a part of her life, to laugh over old stories and to make new memories.  I was surprised how much I missed my own family and how nice it was to get home.  Now it is back to my regular life, which is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment