Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oktoberfest

photo by P. Kuenning
Led by the wonderful Frau Tsai, the German club at the high school put on a fantastic Oktoberfest.  The music was German pop and I didn't hear any accordions, but even without beer we were told it was very authentic.
photo by P. Kuenning
People lined up to get bratwurst, sauerkraut, potato salad, and German pastries.
sorry no bratwurst picture
For a little extra you could get your face painted.

It was my first time helping with the event and I am grateful that I didn't have to worry about the weather.  I was also grateful not to be grilling and not to be in charge.  I was happy to follow the directions of the club president and help where needed.  Plus, it is always good to be on campus and see a slice of R.'s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment