This is why we get the newspaper. I don't think I would have read an online article about bowls (Finally, the Bowl Gets Its Due), but David read the first part of the article, which described a family that had bought a bowl for a few dollars at a yard sale and then sold it for $2.2 million at an auction.
A great discussion followed. A. asked what I would do with the money and I thought we would pay off the mortgage ("What? We still owe the bank money for the house?"), take a trip to somewhere like Puerto Rico, and maybe re-tile the fireplace. A. thought we should definitely pay off the house and maybe redo the backyard so it has better grass for playing. R. suggested we buy a backup drive that allows computers to easily share files.
I learned so much about my kids (and their lack of communal wants, which is separate from their personal wants) just from one article.
No comments:
Post a Comment