Monday, January 29, 2024

Race Day

The half-marathon in Pasadena was sold out but A. and his friend found a cheaper one in Santa Monica. I thought it would be ridiculous to get up at 4:45 a.m. to go watch, but I changed my mind. I decided it would be nice to watch him run, to see the ocean, and to hang out with his friend's mom.


Check in started at 6:30 a.m.

The pier was lit up even at that hour.


The ocean and the birds were beautiful.

And they're off!


The course was on a footpath and went out about 2.2 miles and back so we were able to see the runners many times. A. was 2/3 when this picture was taken. 


People running the 5K and 10K races were on
the same course but with different turn-around spots.


My friend's son won and A. came in fourth, beating his goal time.
He celebrated with a dip in the ocean.


We found a good place for lunch 
and took our time strolling through the neighborhoods

and along the coast.

I am really glad I decided to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment