Saturday, January 27, 2024

Art Openings

 Three openings in one week.


The first was in Pomona at the ceramics museum AMOCA. There was a juried exhibition and even though

this porcelain (!) pink sock did not win, I liked it.

What was amazing was that we could wander around the studio connected to the museum.


The only problem with the museum is that everything is a one-of-a-kind piece and there were little kids and people with big bags. I kept waiting for a big crash and I am happy to report nothing happened. My blood pressure has returned to normal levels.

A couple days later I was out walking with Baby C
and we stopped at the CGU art gallery

and we got a sneak preview of the show opening that night.


In the evening the curator spoke about the project, which is one of many. There was also an opening on the other side of the gallery, but I didn't make it there. We'll have to go back.

The last opening was also close to home. Our neighbor is the curator and it was fun to see what she does since I usually just wave as she walks to work.

image used on card mailed out for the show,
the 79th Scripps College Ceramic Annual



It was also fun to see Baby C and lots of other friends and neighbors. Being a few blocks of campus is something I love about where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment