Saturday, August 7, 2021

Pymatuning

While looking for pictures I hadn't posted I realized I had not written about the vacation I took with A. Some of his friends went on big trips (Hawaii, Belize, Iceland), but I was having nightmares about taking a big trip. Instead we thought about extending our Cleveland trip and visiting Lake Erie (Put-in-Bay, Kellys Island, etc.), but it seemed too crowded. 

After poking around we found a little lake that we
could get to by driving about ninety minutes
on a two-lane road. It did not allow speed boats or
jet skis, just kayaks, pontoons, and little motor boats.


Pymantuning is not fancy, but we did find a nice place
to stay, which included a large tv so we could
watch both Euro 2020 and the Tour de France.


We had a teeny tiny view of the water from the kitchen window
(there is probably a better view in winter but I won't ever know for sure).

The view on the four-minute walk to the lake was even better.


We had no problem filling our time. 


Plenty of cycling, (but not much elevation gain),

kayaking,


and swimming.

We also visited the Linesville Spillway, an Atlas Obscura place notable for being, "Where the ducks walk on fish."

 It was pouring rain, perfect for both fish and fowl.



No ducks, just a gull and heron.

No comments:

Post a Comment