Friday, September 13, 2019

Another Annual Tradition

I cycled to the LA Co. Fair but the gate I have been going to for about twenty years no longer exists. I found the new gate but not a bike rack so I parked in front of the conference center.
My usual stops included the
The Millard Sheets Art Center

backside

in the courtyard
with an incomplete work by David Flores

I always take a quick peek at the competitive cooking
including decorated cakes, like this disco ball.

I always visit the competitive table settings (tablescaping) under the grandstand.




I skipped the $8 popcorn and bought roasted corn.

My only impulse purchase was
to have my fortune told by Zoltar.

I zipped through the plant building to take pictures
for a friend who loves this section but hates the fair.

On the way out I wandered past the miniature
trains (see a virtual tour here).

I always visit the kids' collections
(although A. points out the collections are from
kids who have parents who buy them lots of
stuff, but I am going to ignore that comment).

I love this new-ish game. Everybody gets six tokens to vote.
Would you rather...
...have lunch with Elvis in the Fifties or Madonna in the Eighties?
...be an author or illustrator?
...find a dinosaur egg or dragon egg?
Would you rather...
...have a miniaturized pet or giant pet?
..be a scientist or wizard?
...ride on a broomstick or pterodactyl?
And then I headed home!

I was glad I had not taken my usual route because I went through a neighborhood with plenty of shade and I stopped at two little free libraries.


What a great outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment