Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Short but Sweet!

A., a friend, and I left Saturday morning for Vail Lake RV Resort, which will host two of A.'s races this season.

The kids had trail maps on their phones and were happy to explore.


I was happy to use a paper map and wander a bit on foot.





On day one I didn't get far and never came across 
a single hiker or cyclist once I got past the campground. 




I did see some evidence of other beings.

We took a break and drove to the edge of town for lunch before heading back for a second ride. We all thought spending the night at a hotel (and walking to dinner) was better than camping.



I made it out to the lake on the morning of day two, again not seeing a single person.
Not shown, lots of dead fish on shore.

After lunch I finally made it out to the trails where the teens were riding.
I think Santa Rosa Mountain is far off in the distance.

If you look carefully you can see two cyclists near the center of the picture.

I brought lots of reading and had a beautiful place to wait.
After the last ride we had a 75-minute drive home.  What a fabulous 32-hour vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment