Monday, October 30, 2017

Weekend activities

Thank goodness it is Monday so I can get something done.

The weekend started with A. making the counterclockwise
loop of the Claremont Wilderness Park without stopping.

Friday evening included a bicycle maintenance workshop for the cycling team,
high school Comedy Sportz (old video),


and a Halloween party.
Everybody was up early Saturday for different events, but there was still time for a post-run dip in the hot tub followed by
a visit to a church rummage sale. 
The rest of the day was filled with Village Venture.


First stop included the library book sale,

followed by wandering around the booths. I loved these business cards.

I loved the Golden Retriever rescue booth, too!

This is was my favorite costume, which was inspired by finding the cheese at a thrift store.

I spent time volunteering, offering to register voters, handing out information about
how to contact elected officials and encouraging active participation in democracy.

Following in my parents' footsteps we have started going to more live theater.
It was great to see our children's elementary school classmates and D.'s students perform.
Sunday included a mountain bike race (no mechanical problems and no injuries - hurray!).
The last big event of the weekend was the farewell event for our
international teachers, which was an energetic group this year.
 
This video was their summary of the time here and a way to say good-bye.

But now it is time to take out the trash, pay the bills, and get ready for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment