Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Bowl

If someone offers you discounted tickets to see The Simpsons Take the Bowl, transportation included, you say yes!  We were among the few people not wearing Simpsons paraphernalia (costume, t-shirt, pins, purse) , but we still got into the spirit of the show.
We were happy not to ride or drive there, but even the bus can't zip through traffic jams.
photo credit zayzay.com

Highlights included Weird Al Yankovic,

the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles,

and the clever way the whole setting was used to evoke the show.
Above the stage is a Bart in sparklers, which doesn't look great despite the most clever fireworks show I have ever seen (fireworks time to go along with clips from the show).

The event was entertaining, but the traffic was too much.  Today's paper featured the fall theater season and I just had to avert my eyes lest I become tempted, only to be frustrated again.  I will see what is happening in Pasadena instead.

1 comment:

  1. I read about this event but never would have guessed that you were there. Neat!

    ReplyDelete