Monday, July 21, 2014

College Life

Last week all other family members were staying in a residence hall!

You may remember that R. is at Smith College.  Non-academic highlights have included field trips to Hancock Shaker Village, New York City, and Six Flags New England (f.k.a. Riverside Amusement Park).
Shaker Village, with solar panels

D. was at a Gordon Research Conference at the University of New England's Maine campus along the Saco River and the Atlantic Ocean coast.
I know he accomplished a lot, but he also had time to cycle to the ocean.
A. was at soccer camp at Cal State Channel Islands.  It is not on an island and you can't see the coast from the campus, but that didn't dampen his enthusiasm.
They worked him on the field, but he also enjoyed swimming after the second training session, playing in the game room, and eating in the dining hall.


I used the time on my own to earn a swim cap by going to every team practice,
including our weekly unofficial bonus swim on Friday mornings.
I got a few things done, but trying to balance goofing off and being productive was a challenge.  May that be my biggest problem!

2 comments:

  1. I fantasize about having a weekend like that. I can't even imagine a whole week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, but not even close to a whole week. It seemed especially short since it included driving to and from Camarillo and to and from Burbank airport at the beginning and end.

      Delete