During screen-free week I learned that one way I waste time is to check the weather forecast, not just for Claremont but also for Ithaca, Boulder, Cleveland, Singapore, and Roskilde. I also like to read the headlines and check the webcams for those places. When I am online I check a lot of sports scores, too.
Another way I waste time is to read useless etiquette columns, like how to deal with divorced parents at a wedding (my parents are married to each other and I am not getting married). Maybe it is like reading recipes for dishes I'll never make and travel articles about places I'll never visit?
I did not take a single picture this week! Now I can't remember if not much happened or if I knew I wasn't blogging so I didn't look for any catchy material.
During the week I went to bed earlier, completed a Tuesday NY Times crossword puzzle (I can't remember the last time I even attempted a Tuesday puzzle), completed a jigsaw puzzle I started ages ago, read the whole newspaper, worked in the yard, and went to the park after dinner to help my son practice the unicycle. The best part was going to bed earlier each night.
I don't think anything will change, but I have no regrets about taking part in the challenge. Up next, I'll take some pictures and do some posting, but I have to hang out on Facebook first.
you can skip the Singapore weather - I've been here two weeks and it hasn't changed once! it is thunderstorms and 90F every single day! It is strange how consistent it is. I never take a jacket or even a long sleeve shirt when leaving the house.
ReplyDelete