I love when animals stay still long enough to have their picture taken.
This one was so still I was sure it was dead. This picture is not zoomed in at all. I just bent over and got super close and took the picture. Then I picked it up and it wiggled like mad. I put it back down!
I was doing some long-overdue trimming and as I was cleaning up I saw the hummingbird nest. I'm hoping it was from last year.
In other nature news, a scrub jay was trying to rob the birdhouse with the house finch. I yelled at it and chased it away (somehow it didn't bother me when the house finch killed the insects it was feeding to its young), but it has been awfully quiet this evening. I hope they are okay because I have been looking forward to seeing the baby birds emerge.




No comments:
Post a Comment